By Steven Wheeler
After a thorough outreach and evaluation process, it’s a pleasure to announce the Springfield Rotary Board of Directors accepted the following recommendations for receipt of the 2023 local service grant projects:
- $2,200 to the Springfield High School Library for the acquisition of Spanish Language books to add to their understocked current collection;
- $5,000 to the Bridgeway House to conduct a variety of special social events for autistic youth;
- $5,000 to Ophelia’s Place to provide a variety of learning experiences designed to empower young women in Springfield middle schools;
- $5,000 to the Riverview Center for Growth to provide on-site support for teachers and therapists working with severely challenged students in Springfield and Lane County;
- $2,000 to Power On With Limb Loss, a Springfield-based non-profit that provides a variety of support opportunities to amputees and their families.
In all, $19,200 in funding is being provided. There were eleven separate requests totaling $43,990, so the selection process was extremely competitive.